Known as La Ville Rose (‘The Pink City’) due to its unique architecture of ubiquitous terra-cotta brick buildings, Toulouse has a very rich historical and cultural heritage. A global aviation and European aerospace capital, Toulouse is serviced by an international airport connected to 90 world destinations.
Toulouse is also a reference in biotechnology, microbiology and life sciences, and technologies. The city has also developed a competitiveness cluster (that is, multiple partnerships between its public and private institutions based on existing strengths): Cancer Bio Santé (Cancer-Bio-Health). France's second-largest research hub, Toulouse today counts more than 400 laboratories and 110,000 researchers, forming a centre for research and higher education.`
Last but not least, if you are a fan of outdoor activities, the Pyrenees are next door. Should you want to stay for the week-end, there you can enjoy a wide range of activities from hiking to climbing in a beautiful mountainous environment.
If you want to discover more about the city, do not forget to register for the Toulouse city tour organized when filing the registration for the conference!
How to reach Toulouse:
How to reach the Pierre Baudis Conference Center:
- BY PLANE: Toulouse Blagnac International Airport is located 15 minutes from the city centre. A shuttle goes from Toulouse-Blagnac Airport to Toulouse Matabiau train station every 20 minutes. It stops at the Pierre Baudis Conference Centre (Compans Caffarelli station), the centre of Toulouse, Jeanne d’Arc station (line B), Jean Jaurès station (lines A and B), Matabiau Station (train, metro, bus, coach). This line is equipped with buses adapted for access for people with reduced mobility. For more information, go to https://www.tisseo.fr/en/airport-shuttle
- BY TRAIN: Toulouse is 5 hours and 30 min from Paris by high-speed train, 2 hours from Montpellier, and 2 hours from Bordeaux. For more information, go to http://www.sncf.com/
- BY BUS: Lines 16 - 31 - 45 - 63 will take you to the Conference Centre.
- BY METRO: The line B stop, Compans Caffarelli, is located 1 minute by foot from the Conference Centre. The metro operates from Sunday to Thursday from 5:15 a.m. to midnight, and Friday and Saturday until 2:00 a.m.
- BY TRAM: Get on at the Palais de Justice stop, then on line B, stop at Compans Caffarelli.
For more information, go to www.tisseo.fr/